The chain of small acts from my day yesterday.
I was taking Lisel on a date since she's out of school for a few days. I had a friend pick-up a Estelle after school for me, b/c the other girls had activities. Because of Lisel's intuition to go to the downtown grocery store, instead of the one close to home, we were able to text my friend on our way to see if she needed anything from this store. She had been wondering all day how she was going to get hard to find canned pumpkin and could I pick some up for her. My other friend had Ava and Estelle come over in the afternoon to play. I was able to help Lisel and Britta and Anslie get costumes on, make food to take, and feed them dinner before they left. Wouldn't have happened if they would have been home, Ava was on one yesterday!
Another dear friend drove the girls to the church for me. About a 30 min drive each way. When I went to pick up the other girls, my friend handed me a Primary Presentation outline she had found online. I had told her I needed to type one up for a branch and she found one for me. It was quickly scanned and emailed last night! I was able to help another friend who had to be to the church last night for YoungWomens by keeping her 5 year old until her husband got home.
It hit me at the end of the day how much we all helped each other. The sacrifices we made were small and simple, but they sure helped to Simplify all our lives. And boy, do I like the idea of....Simple!
No comments:
Post a Comment