"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!!!

Estelle, BYU Cheerleader
Anslie, cutest Tink
Ava, whatever she wanted to be that day
Yes, even all the way in Singapore Halloween is alive and well!  Quite frankly, we had never seen anything like it, you must experience it to actually believe it.  Let me just say this, over 4000 pieces of candy at 1 piece per person....GONE in 2 hours!  Mind you, this only takes place in our "American Neighborhood."  Although I have to say,  Halloween is really taking off in Singapore.  They love the gore of it all as you will see from some of the pics...
 October 1st the kids started hounding me about getting our decorations up.  The cheesy stuff is all the rage here.  The plastic pumpkin buckets, banners, spiders, spider webs.  I am much more into the fall theme, than Halloween, but not here, we just go with it.
We tried to keep our regular traditions while still being so far away.  Kids school parties and parades, sugar cookies, (taken to all the neighbors so I don't eat them all), soup even though it's 90 degrees outside and of course donuts!!! We spent a good 3 hours roundtrip driving downtown and weaving through the newest oversize shopping mall in Singapore,  to pick-up 12 dozen Dunkin Donuts I had ordered for the festivities.   $150+ later we wound our way back to our car, which was no easy task, considering we were carrying 12 dozen donuts and had 3 little ones in toe.   A bit extreme I know, but what's Halloween without donuts??????  We had a fun party with ward members Saturday night, we are up to 18 member families in our neighborhood now!  The kids trick or treated, then we all met at our friends for popcorn, donuts and homemade rootbeer.  The little ones watched a projected movie on the grass and the big kids played capture the flag on our street.  We may be far away from family, but we sure are lucky to have such great friends!



My hippie costume is compliments of Julie Webb, a real vintage!
Lis was the cutest Minnie ever, and Brit and friends all went with the Hippie theme

here's more pics of the craziness!...

3 comments:

  1. Sooooooo cute!! Fun to see all the costumes. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hippee dress. Can't believe how crazy your street was. Becky told me how at halloween you guys get thousands of trick or treaters...so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joce!! Do you remember your OLD roomie?? :) I found you from DeLayne's blog.
    I ran into your parents about a year ago at Costco, and they said you were living in Singapore. What an amazing experience you guys are having. I still work at Nuskin and currently work with our Thailand, Japan, Indonesia and China offices. I'd love to visit them someday.

    You and Spencer haven't aged a bit. 5 girls?? Wow! I have 4 boys so I know how it is. LoL. How is the rest of your family doing? I heard your parents are on a mission right now? That's so awesome. My blog is www.galbraithclan.blogspot.com. I'd love to keep in touch! Have fun over there!

    ReplyDelete