We finally got to watch conference this weekend! What amazing inspired leaders we have. I absolutely love conference. Yea!!! It was a trick Saturday between soccer games, birthday parties and getting groceries to feed 4 families tomorrow. Not to mention Spen and I's Sat. night date. We got to go eat Italian food and see Eat Pray Love with some friends. I liked the movie, loved the travel, it made me want to go back to Bali, I love that place! But most of all it made me so grateful that I am satisfied and fulfilled by being a wife and mother. Selfishness never was happiness. I am so glad the church teaches us that! Today was great, we turned on the a/c, pretending it was fall in this stifling heat, snuggled under the blankets, and settled in for a spiritual feast like no other. The kids conference packets are sure a bonus!
Snapshot! Other than loosing it with the kids a few minutes ago, we have had a great weekend! I tried to take a little nap before our evening fiesta begins and the girls were to be having quiet time. Trying to fall asleep to squeals, pitter patter, bouncing exercise balls. and Britta crying because Lisel hit her was not nice. So I ran upstairs dumped out all the clean clothes (as you know it takes me a while to get around to folding) and said, "This is your quiet time, fold all these clothes!" Somewhere in there I also told them I was going to ring their necks. As I left I heard giggling, b/c I actually don't loose it that much with them anymore. I think they were a bit shocked as well as thought it was pretty funny. So i then proceeded to give them a lecture on quiet time and meditiation and that it is important to have time alone with no electronics and no one else...time to think, relax, read, write, whatever. They giggled even harder when I left that time. I took a deep breath, went back and told them FHE tomorrow night would be about conference. Please come prepared to share with the Family something you learned, want to work on, or loved from conference. There was still giggling when I left....where is Spencer when this is all going on????
FHE idea:While we were watching today the younger kids were stacking Jenga blocks and building towers. I had a thought that for fhe I would split up the blocks between us all and give everyone time to build a tower. After they struggle to do it with few blocks, suggest we work together and put our blocks tog. We then proceed to build a large, beautful tower. Talk to the kids about the importance of us all working together in our family to build a strong, good family. Then have each share what they can contribute that they got our of conference. Sing "I am a Builder" while putting one fist on top of the other. (ava's fav)
So there's tomorrow night....
As for now, All the kids are in jammies, with sleepy hair. I am undone and we have company coming, 3 families with a total of 13 kids, plus our 5, so I best be on my way.
It sounds a little crazy, but I feel this blog is already one of my dear friends!
Fav. Conference Talk: Courageous Parenting by Larry R. Lawrence.
Our kids need us to be courageous! Their eternal salvation depends on it. We may not always be popular with them, we may be the exception in our neighborhoods, but we will know in our hearts we are doing the right thing. Don't we love them that much??!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment