"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Monday, October 24, 2011

October Happenings


October has been a busy month around here and I can't believe it's almost over!
Here's a snapshot of some of our happenings...
My 2 favorite Sunday's of the year...General Conference
we snuggled in for 2 days of relaxing and enjoying the Spirit
brought from our amazing church leaders.
Thanks heaven's I can re-listen online, b/c I got a little too comfy
and missed a couple talks :)
The scriptures seemed to be a common theme this time for me.
Elder Scott's talk particularly impressed me.
I have had the thought lately, that although I cannot attend
the temple as often as I did in Utah, I can take that time
and spend it in the scriptures.
I KNOW THERE IS POWER IN OUR DAILY STUDY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON

"Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost.  Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope and a restoration of confidence in one's ability to overcome the challenges of life.  They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior.  They can accelerate physical healing." 
 Elder Richard G. Scott
(why do I not spend more time in my scriptures???)

had my cute' husbandless' friends for Sunday dinner
Emily brought delicious veggies
and Julie brought halloween cookies to decorate

and here's Spen, house full of ladies,
 parked on the couch
with BYU football and a CL



3 Musketeers


Stell got to be a flag holder in her UN Day Assembly
 I was SO grateful that I decided to go at the last minute
b/c they don't encourage parents coming



here she is with friends for the lunch afterward
we all bring food from our home country


Stake Service Project
we cleaned up an old chinese cemetery
It was a VERY rainy morning,
 but I got to spend it with some of my favorite gals!
It was fun to hear President Monsen talk about the church wide
 service and to know that we were apart of it. 

Brit, Rachel and Bailey
all dressed up for their night of TDT...
dancing and etiquette at the American Club

Where's the crazy ang mo?
Spen and I braved Orchard for a date night and this was the scene

Middle Schoolers day off
we took the girls for pedi's...

and a chinese lunch

Spen joined us for the girls conferences
and Subway at the school afterward
Estelle's darling friend Emme is with us too.
Brit, Ans and Stel all got great reports
from their teachers.
it's nice to know that at least they save the
fits and freakouts for home...
guess I generally do too :)

fun night out with friends, the Bruschke's

Ava's UN day celebration at White Lodge,
they did some cute little songs and dances in Mandarin

Friday Night neighborhood partying
they decided to roast marshmallows with candles???
Whatever makes them happy :)
Britta, Ethan, Dallin, Braden, McKay, Brianne, Rachel, Bailey

movie night for the little ones
For Becky's 40th birthday we went on a dinner cruise:  It was a great night, and I was feelin the love...
love my husband
love these fun gals I got to spend the evening with
I am blessed with wonderful friends
that help me stay afloat so far away from home
this is the only photo I have of cute
 Becky, the birthday girl!

love Julie... how could I not!
We are both Utah girls
We both have 5 daughters
Our husbands work for the same company
We both love to play tennis
and the list goes on and on! 

the guys

after a major thunder storm, with rain like you wouldn't believe,
we were so lucky that it cleared right up and we were left with
a beautiful evening to enjoy the sights of Singapore





2 comments:

  1. You guys have so much fun...I LOVE IT! THANK you from the bottom of my heart for being such a thoughtful, loving friend while I am "husbandless". You have really made me feel loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Elder Scott's talk too. Fun way to watch General Conference...In my next life, can I come back as a Steven's child???

    October's has been such a fun month!
    My favorite picture on this post is the pic of your face while walking on Orchard in the massive pool of Asian people!...Talk about claustrophobia!

    ReplyDelete