"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011


we made our yearly Easter nests
and because of our limited supply of candy
shipped from the US (thanks to Roo)
each of the girls just got to pick one friend, family or teacher
to give one too



We went to a local ward's Easter activity
the girls got to paint eggs and have an egg hunt




Saturday morning
waiting to see what the "bunny" brought

and in no time at all we all had sick sugar tummies
 and the house was a tornado!
notice the strainer's and bowls...
we didn't bring any of our Easter stuff
and it's not easy to come by here
so we just made do

Ava was super excited about her paint set.
Painting has been her activity of choice lately

Stellly' Easter Do
by Lis
and yes!  those are easter eggs...

the girls found this hair blog
and Lisel has been trying out all the do's on her sis'

dying Easter eggs

Becky and I put together an egg hunt on our street
with about 8 families

the big kids hid all the eggs, so when the little kids were done finding those eggs
Becky and I sent the big kids out for some other eggs that had $ in them!

We always do the egg, basket and bunny festivities on Saturday.  After the party, just before bedtime,  our wonderful home teachers came over and shared a special Easter message with us.  It helped begin our real Easter Celebration, that of the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Sunday was up and at em early for church.  The primary kids all sang and then I was off to visit the Mandarin ward.  My counselor had to keep nudging me b/c I couldn't stay awake.  It's pretty tuff when you can't understand what they are saying.  I then visited 2 other wards Primaries.  I was sad to be away from my family, but enjoyed some quiet time between meetings and on my taxi ride home to study the crucifixion and resurrection in Matthew and Luke.  I loved reading both accounts.  I learned some new things and had my testimony strengthened of the atonement.  As soon as I got home, we went over to some friends house for Easter dinner with 37.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many great people, and good cooks too!  Spen and I went to a fireside that night.  The church has some historians over here in Asia doing research and it was really interesting and informative.  When we got home we were able to spend a few minutes with the girls reading about the Easter story.   We talked about the events leading up to the Savior's death and His resurrection and visit with his Apostles and the people in America.  When we finished they asked what eggs and easter bunnies have to do with the Savior.   Obviously in Utah it signifies Spring, but here in Singapore there is no Spring so it must really confuse some people.  We miss our families and friends at home and the new life Spring brings each year, the new flowers, green grass and trees blossoming.  But life is good here and we are happy to be surrounded by great friends.... AND we get flowers, green grass and trees blossoming year round!!

1 comment:

  1. Stelly's hair is the coolest thing I've seen! I love all the girls in the same bed waiting to find their baskets...it reminds me of cuddling with all my 5 sisters!

    ReplyDelete