"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Monday, April 11, 2011

April Fools

We had a really fun April Fool's Day this year.  The best trick we pulled off was a neighborhood breakfast at 6am at a family's house who were out of town.  The girls delivered invites to a lot of our neighbors inviting them to a get to know you breakfast.  The ones who fell for it ended up at our house for breakfast.  It has been so funny hearing people's reactions to the invite.  Some caught right on, others thought this family must be crazy, some clueless and others wanted to come either way to see what was going on.  It was a fun morning for the kids.
We woke up to our car covered in Go Utes, We love Utah and BYU crossed out.  We KNOW who did this to us.
 Lisel seems to always booby trap our house on April fools, but her best one this year was filling Spencer's deodorant with cream cheese.  I made the mistake of being at the Chocolate Buffet with friends the night before, so she had free reign to do whatever she wanted.  Kitchen cupboards were rearranged, milk colored green and on and on.  She also took 60 fish and painted rice to her YW's activity that night and filled her leaders sinks, toilets and tubs with fish.  She scattered the rice, that looked just like rat poop, around the house and in beds!  This girl loves to party.  She got them good, and they were such good sports about it.
Stel and Ans got their teachers with the rat poop on their desks too.  I got the cutest email from Stelly's teacher telling me that we really had her fooled, what a kick she got out of it and that Stel was the last person she would have suspected. :}
I exchanged Spen's wallet for monopoly money, but he claims it worked for his good b/c he got to lunch with some work buddies and had no cash, so he got a free lunch :)
I salted toothbrushes & toothpasted the toilet seats but didn't do anything too mean.  Although I did email my ma-in-law and tell her I was prego...he, he.  She totally believed me and had started telling people by the time she got the 2nd, April Fool's email.  I do feel a bit bad about that, especially since she's such a sweetheart.  My clueless family hasn't even checked the family blog, or they would have had a surprise as well.
It's fun to have a day to mix things up a bit and to have a few laughs, so...
THANK YOU MR. APRIL FOOLS, whoever you are??!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You girls are the BIGGEST joksters ever! I cannot believe you got all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is funny...I saw your family blog and saw your post like a day or two later. I realized right away that it was written on april fools but I was too chicken to ask if it was a joke or not! I didn't know you were such an april fools lover. I am too! I texted a bunch of our family and told them that Quincy was interviewing for the Utah head coach job. He got texts all day saying good luck...pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisel is the biggest tease. I LOVE IT! We dont do a lot of April Fools over here. I love how you did the monopoly money for Spen! You guys are pretty creative over there. Makes me feels safe to be in Utah :) Mardeen totally fell for it Joce - I was there. Good job ;-)

    ReplyDelete