"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas in Singapore is so different from the Christmas' we are used to in Utah,
surrounded by family, snow, temple square, Festival of trees etc, etc... 
But there are some things I really enjoy about it.
We love getting together with friends who've become our family here,
and I think because there are hard things about being away from home,
that I really put in more effort praying and planning to help Christmas be special and memorable. 


Christmas Day was so enjoyable this year.
Other than going to church,
we were home together all day with just our family
for the first time ever!


groggy from late nights + anxious to see what Santa brought
=
Christmas morning!


notice our fireplace app?
no real fireplaces in this steaming place, just cranked AC!

Lis got a new tennis raquet

and we have a serious horse obsession going on at our house,
so Santa obliged

Brit and her twin...all smiles

.
Ava got this doll from Santa and kept it tucked in her arm while she opened the rest of her presents.
  She would not put it down...it took forever!

the girls helping make our Pomegranate Salad

beach toys, snorkels and swim suits for Christmas???
all for our beach trip to Thailand
Stel and Ava spent pretty much the whole day in their swim suits,
we thought it was pretty funny

Here's our little Christmas dinner spread



it was so nice to be home together, enjoying the gifts Santa brought

Spen got a 1000 piece puzzle, and wouldn't quit til it was done!
He takes after his dad.  We all helped a little, but Anslie and Spen were the finishers
way to go!




I am so grateful for the Singapore Christmas memories we have been able to make the past 2 years.

I love Christmas and all the festivities and traditions that go along with it, but I also like when it's done so that I can de-clutter the house and get everything put away.  It's such a good feeling!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Christmas away from family is tough but like you said, there is something special about being with your own little fam for the day. You are beautiful - your spirit and love glows and you can see it in your kids eyes as well. Loved doing swim suits this year as well! I could get used to that! My fave is Britta's letter - especially the part about Lis and Ans agreeing "sort of". Made my night!

    ReplyDelete