"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Singapore/American Halloween

This is our families 3rd time celebrating Halloween in Singapore
We try to keep our usual traditions alive while enjoying the way things are done here.
Pumpkins are unusually expensive b/c of the long trek they have to take to get here.
We weren't home the day of the school pumpkin sale, but lucked out b/c they
had a bunch left over, and they were selling for ALOT less!

The girls insisted they carve this tiny pumpkin, so Spen got out his drill
and it worked like a charm...I think he's on to something

twinners

Brit and her "special pumpkin"..we won't say who???

Ashlyn, Jessica, Bailee and Lisel
all dressed up and ready for school

Rachel and Brit

Anslie
this costume fit her to a tee...
all that spunk!

Ava decided long ago that this is what she wanted to be
and she enjoyed every minute of it

Stell decided...last minute to be Rapunzel,
but when she got to school none of the other
girls her age were princesses, so she felt a little silly

here's her costume parade

Anslie's class party

this is what Halloween day looked like at the school...it actually seems cool...too bad it wasn't!

the rain seriously came down in sheets, these cars are getting buried in it!  Ava and I had to trudge home from the school in a river, it was crazy!  Then we had to turn around and go back with umbrella's to get the girls,
 luckily it had let up a bit by then

here's Stell in her IN N OUT costume
(the one she'd planned on wearing all along)

Our happy Pumpkins





as you can tell,
Ans was enjoying this costume


our bucket full of candy
usually used for root beer and dry ice, but I couldn't get any this year

Brit was a cute little Minnie Mouse

Cheshire Cat, Minnie Mouse, 80's girl, IN N OUT employee and BYU cheerleader
quite a variety this year


and here's the nerdy parents,
got a lot of comments that we were
making people hungry

people really go all out here for Halloween and the gorier the better...I guess?

Rachel, Brit and Bailey having some fun

street view



passing out candy in front of our house

we always love a visit from cute Jane

Lis and peeps watching Harry Potter

while this is goin on outside


The Lim's joined us for a late dinner

and the night ended with the usual candy counting and sorting.
I remember trading, sorting and counting for hours as a kid.
I think Stel won with 276 pieces!
Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of it all :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your family and all of the costumes! Those in-n-out costumes are so perfect... and made me hungry too! Sure do love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun costumes - except for now I am craving In-n-Out! :) Looks like it was another great Halloween in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your In-n-out were perfect, but definitely made me miss them! What a great fun night that was! I had to trek through that river going to school earlier in the day too and that was crazy...glad you stopped to take a picture...I just ran as fast as I could :)

    ReplyDelete