"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vacay to Malay(sia)!

Ava-Miss Chatterbox, Lisel-Miss Sunshine, Anslie-Miss Busy, Spen-Mr Clever, Estelle-Miss Giggles, Britta-Miss Helpful, and me-Miss Tidy
We all got little Miss and Mr shirts for Christmas, thanks to Lisel and her friends and their shopping spree on Orchard... so we decided to be big Nerds, and all wear them to the airport  We were a site!

Stell has become quite the traveler, luckily it was only an hour plane ride

Hard Rock Cafe was quite a welcome site!

nothing like a little horseback riding on the beach




We kept finding these starfish all over the sand.

I told the story to the kids of the little boy that was walking along the beach, also full of starfish, and he says to his dad, "I couldn't possibly help them all!"  His dad picked one up and threw it in the water and said, "Made a difference for that one!"  Just a reminder to us all that small acts of service make a difference.
So we walked up the beach and throwing starfish in the water saying the same,
"Made a difference for that one!"

circle of friends, all saved by the Steven's girls
 Night Market Shopping:
Lisel was so excited to find this shirt meant to be I love Penang, but does a double for I love Pleasant Grove!
The girls have also gotten the Singapore ones SG, doubling for Saint George, pretty clever

Ava's happy, she purchased a new rolling minnie mouse suitcase with her Christmas $ from nan and pop.  She hauled it around full of her garb the rest of the trip

We played tennis on these beautiful courts overlooking the ocean

Brit got some great shots of us playing... 


swimming was the highlight for the girls, they had 3 pools that were infinity dropping off into the ocean

and a waterslide

here we are waiting at the bus stop.  The public buses were so nice and easy to get around on, we took them everywhere

Penang is known for it's amazing street food, I have to admit we didn't try any, but we did walk through one of the markets.  We are wimps, SPen was disappointed in us.  We did eat at a local restaurant the last night.

Of course we had to stop in for some super cheap foot reflexology

and of course the girls Had to get their toenails painted

Ava loved the fish on our balcony



this funny little caterpillar was our guest everymorning as we ate breakfast on our balcony

lunch too!

We went to this toy museum and all the girls found their fav...of course Stell loved the Star Wars

Top of Penang Hill

Bird and Reptile park

they had this great yogurt place, self serve just like in the states.  Anslie and Abbie call each other Tutti and Frutti.  Abs, this picture is for you, with love, from Ans

our condo family room

Spen and Lis parasailing at the beach


Spen and Brit parasailing


Ans and I even decided to try


Ans got stung by a jellyfish so this nice man poured vinegar on it

this was hilarious, Stel wanted to do it sooo bad, then she was scared the whole time b/c the guy was flying!

they love playing at the beach!

the beach by our condo was full or sea shells, piles and piles!  We had a fun time sorting through for the good ones

Spen is such a softy to Ave's she talked him into getting her this dolphin, lovingly named "Dolphy"  Her sisters decided to give it a try

but the proud owner won out in the end

night view of our place, it was beautiful and I absolutely loved sitting by the pool in the evening with the ocean breeze, watching the kids play.   It was actually cool...I was in heaven!
As Spen and I talked, the highlight for us was being able to be with the girls 24-7 and have no schedule.  We enjoyed our time with them so much and loved watching them play and have fun together.  It was a relaxing trip and we really had some good quality time together!

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn! I am so glad i found your cute blog!! I read about Devri and Graham coming, and we will keep you in our prayers for your surgery. My blog is now private, so send me your email and I will invite you to look at it!
    tennischick126@hotmail.com
    allenandstefaniebell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this whole post of your trip with the girls. Its looks amazing and relaxing! How fun to experience those kinds on places with your family. Love you

    ReplyDelete