"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

GOOD NEWS!!! bad news...

We are SO excited!  We get a visit from Devri, Graham, Alton and Maude this month!  We are so happy to have visitors.  I can't wait to meet little Maude and kiss her and love her and Ava is so excited to have her little buddy Alton to play with 24-7.  The girls are all giddy...they love wrestling with Uncle Graham, talking and hanging out with cool Aunt Roo, can't wait to dote over Alton, and oh how they love babies. One of the highlights of living away is getting one on one time with family.  We feel so blessed and lucky to have the Darby's come visit us here in our temporary home.
unfortunately...
the reason they are coming is to help out while I have surgery on Jan. 25th.  I have a large herniated disc that is putting severe pressure on my spinal cord and causing pain and numbness.  To avoid permanent damage, I need to have surgery to remove it and replace it with an artificial disc.  It is all very scary to me, especially being so far from home.  But we have gotten multiple opinions, thanks to the Erickson's for putting us in touch with their friend who is a neurosurgeon in Salt Lake, and feel like this is really the only option.  It just so happens that our home teacher here works for the company that makes the artificial discs, and we have talked with him and his colleagues also.  I am feeling anxious, and like I am way too young to be having a surgery like this.   But we feel like we are in the right place at the right time.
 I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that if I do my best to do what is right, Heavenly Father will make sure I am in good hands.  I also feel blessed to have such loving, supportive family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Joce! I totally feel for ya! I may be having that same surgery too here before long. Keep me posted on the surgery. I wish I was closer to help you. Love you and praying that everything will be a success :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete