Hands down this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Beautiful beaches and swimming pools meant the kids were happy, which makes mom and dad happy. The hikes, rock climbing, cheap massages, boat rides, snorkeling, kayaking etc... just added to the fun!
 |
| When we arrived at our hotel we were starving! We were at that in between time when lunch was shut down, but dinner hadn't started yet. The girls had no complaints about ordering in room service. |
 |
| The Sofitel was absolutely gorgeous. We loved our stay there! |
Playing in the sand:
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Tuk Tuk into the town for some shopping and dinner |
 |
The next morning we took a short long boat ride to Hong Island.
It was stunning |
 |
| Ava was our little snorkeler...she loved it! |
 |
| We were proud of Lis b/c she does not like fish...but she gave it a go. |
 |
| Nature walk around the island |
 |
and we saw this jellyfish,
while kayaking, luckily
not while we were snorkeling :) |
 |
| I think we wore them out... |
 |
| Lunch by the pool at the Sofitel |
 |
| 4 year old elephant came by for a visit |
Street food:
 |
| crickets and grasshoppers anyone? |
 |
| or how about some chubs or caterpillars??? |
Railay Bay
 |
| you have to get here by boat. We had some funny looks as we piled all 7 of us out of the boat and hauled our luggage across the beach, through the sand to our hotel |
 |
| instead of street food, it's long boat food here |
Rock climbing
 |
| We met up with Bruschke's for a climbing adventure |
 |
| Brit loved it! |
 |
| this is what you see as you look out while your climbing |
 |
| glad I did it, but definitely not something I'll be taking up |
 |
| Stell |
 |
| Spen |
 |
| Lis and Ashlyn |
 |
| these guys had more fun playing in the trees |
 |
| and she's pretty much happy whatever she's doing |
 |
| but Ava did give it a shot |
 |
| Anslie scaled that mountain like it was nothing |
 |
| the girls swam and swam and swam and Ava wanted to spruce up her dive a bit |
 |
The girls love to have me rate their dives
and I got to be cheerleader |
 |
| Long Boats |
 |
I loved this little hike
(much more than rock climbing :)) |
 |
| we made our way up these cliffs... |
 |
| to this amazing view |
 |
| Do we really have to leave??? |
Wow, Graham and I are envying your vacation. Beautiful, it almost doesn't look real. I'm so glad you had a good time. What happened to Britta's elbow? Love you Stevens.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like my kind of trip! I agree with the comment above...these pix are so pretty that they almost don't look real. I'm glad you had such a great vay-cay especially because you didn't love Bangkok. Blake and I need to get to Krabi. I want to try that rock-climbing!
ReplyDeleteThose pics are AMAZING! Adding that to the list of places we need to travel to one day! I can't believe you all rock climbed looking like pro's. AWESOME!
ReplyDelete