Spen and I just enjoyed a long weekend in Bangkok, Thailand
It is a large, sprawled out city with much diversity.
My favorite part of the trip was this bike ride we took
through the residential areas.
It was fascinating.
![]() |
| coconut cakes |
![]() |
| I am a giant! The people seemed so content and happy with their lot in life |
![]() |
| this little doggy reminded us of Pippen :( |
![]() |
| street food is everywhere! A lot of the people don't even have kitchens they just eat on the street |
![]() |
| Bangkok is divided by a huge river that does not smell very nice you can see why |
![]() |
| we crossed this bridge that was so rickety we had to take turns walking our bikes 1 by 1 ...don't want to fall in there! |
![]() |
| these people live for free under the freeway the government lets them have the "prime space" for free to set up a house they just have to pay utilities |
![]() |
| We rode down these tiny alley ways looking right into peoples houses they would just smile and wave, and loved when we took their picture |
![]() |
| chicken skewers anyone? I am SURE she got them straight out of the refrigerator |
![]() |
| This is the longboat, and cute driver that we loaded our bikes on and took across the river |
![]() |
| to the country |
![]() |
| graveyard the wealthy people build these huge, elaborate monuments and in a little trap door, their ashes are stored |
![]() |
| in the cemetery there were "Holy Trees" that had ribbon tied around them. Anytime your Buddha becomes damaged, you place it at the base of these trees |
![]() |
| this pic reminds me of the diversity here |
![]() |
| Spen was so good at navigating us around the city. The sky train was great! It's an above ground public transit, so easy to use and get around on and you can see out while your going |
![]() |
| We visited the Grand Palace. It is full of the most ornate buildings I have ever seen |
![]() |
| We weren't dressed modestly enough, uuhhh! So we had to wear these goofy clothes they gave us |
![]() |
| you can pay money to add a gold leaf to the Buddha |
![]() |
| or pay money to take from the living water |
![]() |
| junk anyone??? They actually sell this stuff! |
![]() |
| Do I eat him or is he going to eat me??? |
![]() |
| Reclining Buddha It was massive! |
![]() |
| Boat taxi so many ways to get around in this city I think we tried them all! |
![]() |
| Huge weekend market The only thing I got excited about were the beautiful stainless steel serving trays and bowls I got the rest just seemed like a whole lot of junk! |
![]() |
| They had a pet section with the cutest animals the girls would have gone nuts! |
![]() |
| well, maybe not about these |
![]() |
| We got daring, and decided to try some street food Just deep fried, spiral potatoes, nothing adventurous They were so good, we went back for more |
![]() |
| Traveling in the Tuk Tuk You had to pre agree on a price, or they would drive you all over town and charge you a fortune! |
![]() |
| We visited the Jim Thompson house The restaurant there is yummy |
![]() |
| the taxi's are so colorful and the traffic is crazy |
![]() |
| this was a welcome sight |
![]() |
| not the greatest Thai dinner ever but we did enjoy heavenly massages and foot reflexology after the spas are super cheap and we needed it, we were going non-stop. |




















































Fun pictures. I'm jealous, the bike tour looks fun. We didn't get to do that. I'm also jealous of the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics as usual--I especially love the ones from the Grand Palace and reclining Buddah. Cool one of all those monks!
Jocelyn, I have loved reading about your adventures. I have a brother that lives in Bangkok, he would have loved the chance to show you around and maybe you could have shown him the way to the church! I do need an address to send your Christmas card, your envelope got tossed and you aren't in Utah any more! Please email it soon! Take Care! Sheri Hone sherihone@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteAMAZING! Seeing your pics brought back memories from when we were there years ago. Such an interesting place. I still remember the trash in the river and the people bathing/fishing right next to it. We are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteHi Jocelyn! This is danna, Sis Gregorys daughter. She sent me a link to your blog because we just got home from Traveling all over Thailand last month. It looks like the flooding is resolved. That was fun to see your pictures. Chiang Mai was our favorite to visit. I also wanted to say thank you so much for taking such good care of my parents. We are so grateful for your generosity and kindness. I'm sure someone in Mexico is taking care of your parents, because of your service. Thanks again. It really is so appreciated.
ReplyDelete