I go to a scripture class every week at the church. We are studying the Book of Mormon and are in Alma. This week we studied Alma 1-7. We talked about the courage Alma must have had to leave everything he knew living as one on King Noah's high priests and to flee. He receieved a testimony that Abinadai was a prophet and knew he needed to do something about it. Alma went on to live an amazing life, preaching the gospel to thousands. I was struck by the comparison of my own mom. As a teenager, she had the courage to leave everything she knew and to join the church. The fruits of her labors are countless. The lives she has changed and blessed are innumerable and she is now blessed with 6 children who are sealed in the temple, and 24 grandkids who are being raised with the blessings of the gospel in their lives.
What an incredible gift you have given to your posterity. I shared this with the class, and couldn't get through it without getting emotional. I feel such gratitude to you for making this very courageous decision. I love you so much mom and feel so incredibly blessed to be your daughter!
Joce I am so incredibly blessed to be your mother.It was a courageous young neighbor girl that invited me to Young women with her, and her family that welcomed me into their home. I must of smelled with tobacco from my home and had experienced a very different life from members of the church. They didnt judge, only loved and included me.We are all blessed by their willingness to share the wonderful blessings of the gospel.As I watch these wonderful Mexican people recieve the witness of the spirit that the gospel is true, I am reminded of my own conversion, and the gifts of the spirit that confirm to us and give us our testimonies. I am so grateful that each of my children have recieved testimonies of their own and are acting on those truths and living the gospel so my grandchildren can be blessed to do the same.Always be willing to share your testimonies with all you meet, and open your homes to others to be examples of love and gospel living. When we have been given much we too must give.We can help save a generation .What we have is precious and priceless and must be shared to be trully enjoyed.You are giving much Joce and I love you so much, MOM
ReplyDelete