"It's the SIMPLE things in life that count."

Marriage, family, friends...relationships.
Peace, Hope, Faith...LOVE.

But there is a lot of laundry, dishes, tears & laughter, messes, homework,
hair to fix, teaching, learning, stress and fun along the way!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It never ceases to amaze me what an incredibly long journey it is to get back, but we made it!
And here's what we've been up to...
the girls pretty much moved in to the airplane
pillows and all...
they weren't messing around

and it wasn't always pretty

genius idea *
Electronics Vending Machine
in the airport
just before you catch your flight
decide you really NEED an
i-touch, DS etc...

waiting for the final leg of our LONG journey
enjoying a non-halal McDonalds breakfast
(the sausage is sooo good!)

1st Stop
IN-N-OUT
yum, yum!

next day....
Costco
cart full of delicious fresh produce and snacks
and lunch for under $10 for all :)

Cafe Rio of course
and no...we don't only eat, that's just when I think
about taking a pic

girls day out
Park City outlets shopping
and dinner on Main in PC
such a fun day!

BYU Bean Museum
Liger
Napoleon Dynamite ring any bells???

here's most of the crew heading
up the stairs to see the rest
of the animals

we spent the afternoon exploring around BYU
and the kids couldn't have been more pleased
to come across none other than
COSMO

We told him he was surrounded by some of his biggest fans!
We ended the adventure at the Cannon Center with dinner
for all at the all you can eat smorgasborg
surrounded by all the cute EFY kids

My sweet niece Kinlie's 8th Birthday
she passed away at only 8 months.
Every year on her birthday we gather at the
cemetery, have cupcakes, and
 write notes to her on balloons
and let them go

It's a special time to remember her
short, precious life
and  a reminder
and confirmation that
Families are Forever

Lis and Maude
eating their cupcakes

memories in my mind I want to remember:
walks to the park, running without sweat dripping off every pore of my body, Parade of Homes, hair cuts by Ash, juggling cousins back and forth for sleepovers, going to Target, caffeine free DC, salads at any restaraunt, garbage disposals, parking lots, wide open spaces, feeling chilly, wide store aisles, yummy food, cooking in a large American kitchen, lots of talking and laughing, being outside...
the first day here Ava fell off a swing, split her head open, and had to have a staple put in, but she was so brave.
Broke us right in!
We've only been here a few short days, but I am in awe at the beauty of this place.   The snow capped mountains, the soft, green grass, the beautiful blue sky, the crisp dry air, and the familiarity of it all.
I am also amazed at the convenience of life here.  Everything seems so simple.
The weather has been absolutely, amazing... Perfect!  I am in heaven.
I love being here, I love being with family, I love being home.

6 comments:

  1. You have the cutest family. Hope the rest of your trip is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it safe! now you've gotten me even more pumped than i was before to head to the homeland--i can't wait for mountains, the cool air, target & costco, a haircut (myself), cafe rio, and familiarity! i'm sure your sisters are in absolute HEAVEN having you around. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! THere is nothing like home and family. I am so excited for our time when we get there. Life in the states is so convenient and I so miss that. I got teared up from the balloons. I LOVE how many little ones are in your family...wowza! Grandma and Grandpa have a lot to love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and now my tummy is growling from your food talk and I am in Italy, so I shouldn't be so excited for American food, but I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey wait a minute - Costco, Caffeine free DC, In N Out, mountains. Oh My... I'm just so jealous. Loved the pics and glad you made it home - long journey. Enjoy your summer - as if you needed anyone to say that!. Glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you and your girls =) enjoy ya!take care

    ReplyDelete